Friday, February 2, 2007

Working Out

I started working out again this morning with my personal trainer, Mikhail. Thankfully, she took it fairly easy on me, but I can still tell that I haven't worked out in a month (and I haven't worked out with her in almost two months). I'm gonna be sore tomorrow.

The coolest thing about starting back up with her is not the fact that she helps me get in shape or the fact that I have motivation to actually spend time working out, but the fact that she has become a dear friend. I have a whole hour twice a week to spend talking with her about life. Of course often the talking is interrupted by grunting and the occasional complaining, but it doesn't interfere with our time to grow our friendship. We even like hanging out together outside of working out! I know that's not the case with most personal trainer/client relationships, so I feel tremendously blessed that it's true for me.

Isn't it so like God that he would give me a friend in someone whose job it is to make me do one of my top five least favorite things to do?

No comments: